Today, while pondering over my short-term goals, I had to justify my decision to go into i-banking post MBA. I have to be convincing enough for the adcom. Why can't it be as simple as a tick mark on the form? But, alas! it was my own decision to go for MBA and hence am forced to answer/justify each and every past and future move.Here's what I thought -
I was exceptionally good at maths through the school. I remember solving mensuration and calculus problems months ahead of class. Maths and Physics were the subjects, I loved because I had numerical problems and not the prose or history to write, where I sucked. In college as well, we had Maths till 4th sem, I was extremely disappointed after that because I used to score highest and these marks used to cover up for other papers.
Then came the professional life. Even after 4 years, I am still comfortable with coding or decoding, and dread those boring documents and presentations which abound in s/w field. I would never want to become a PM just for the phobia of documents and ppts.
Since last year, I have had good exposure to financial data and statistics. I have been analyzing and dissecting those numbers.
All in all, I have a strong analytical acumen. I-banking requires such skills and a strenuous work life, which a software guy can never complain about. So, doesn't this all make me best suited for the course. But, I personally feel adcom will just trash away my above argument.
God help poor soul like me :(
No comments:
Post a Comment